[Xquartz-dev] XListDepths ordering changed

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Sun Oct 19 20:42:47 PDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 11:10:19AM -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> Ok, then this is obviously not an X11 bug.
>
> Since you have access to the source, I suggest you just fix it there
> by maybe sorting the arrays before comparing them.

Yeah, unfortunately the NX build process is far from simple, and some
of the places I have NX sessions I am not an administrator of the
system, so even if I fixed it I couldn't use it.  If this change is
going to affect X11 on other platforms NoMachine will have to fix it
eventually.  (Their attention to the Mac is pretty lousy - they still
don't even have an Intel native version of the client software.)

> It would require us to back out other fixes. Plus the fix in the
> client application is trivial.

For anyone else who's affected, downgrading to X11 2.3.0 restored the
behavior; I can now resume NX sessions and get work done again.

Oh well.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>