[Xquartz-dev] 1.4.2-apple20

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed Oct 22 16:07:13 PDT 2008

It's been a while since I pushed out a binary update, and much has
happened recently... I was planning on putting out a beta2, but I want
to wait for some more things before packaging that all up, so here's
something to hold you over in the mean time.

http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/X11-1.4.2-apple20.bz2

1.4.2-apple20 brings in the following changes over 1.4.2-apple19:

Fullscreen (same as Tiger)
Follow-system layout works again (2.3.0 regression)
Default dpi to 96 instead of 75
Only send mouse events while in the background if we're over a visible
window.
   This "breaks" xeyes but gets rid of annoying tooltips.
Fixed window levels (this might fix that gimp issue... ?)
It was compiled with applewmproto-1.1.1, so quartz-wm will now start
with --no-pasteboard by default