[Xquartz-dev] 1.4.2-apple20

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Oct 24 10:40:09 PDT 2008

On Oct 24, 2008, at 08:08, robert delius royar wrote:

> Thu, 23 Oct 2008 (16:08 -0700 UTC) Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>

>> On Oct 23, 2008, at 15:25, robert delius royar wrote:
>>> I have tried
>>> "sync_clipboard_to_pasteboard" = 1;
>>> "sync_keymap" = 1;
>>> "sync_pasteboard" = 1;
>>> "sync_pasteboard_to_clipboard" = 1;
>>> "sync_pasteboard_to_primary" = 1;
>>> "sync_primary_on_select" = 0;
>>
>> That should be sufficient.
>>
>> What version of xpbproxy do you have?  If it's the one from
>> 2.3.2_beta1, that's why.  We released an updated binary last week,
>> so grab that... or just wait until I release the 2.3.2_beta2
>> package...
>
> Thank you.
>
> That was the problem.  I now have the new xpbproxy which works.
>
> When I highlight text in xterm, the text is copied to the clipboard,
> but the highlight immediately turns off (as soon as I release the
> mouse button).  That is not how X in the same xterm version (237) on
> my Xandros system works.  I missed most of last week's discussions;
> perhaps this was discussed.

I don't see that happening... hmm =/

I thought this might happen once we got the proxy-immediately stuff
working (and not just when we enter/leave X11.app) ... but I don't
think that's done yet.

George?