[Xquartz-dev] 1.4.2-apple20

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 24 11:10:36 PDT 2008

On Oct 24, 2008, at 12:56 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> This is because leaving X11.app causes xpbproxy to update
> NSPasteboard.  Then on returning to X11.app, xpbproxy notices the
> pasteboard was updated and proxies that to CLIPBOARD and PRIMARY.

Synergy (for which I rewrote the pasteboard code at one point) handles
this by using a private "ownership" flavor in addition to the text/
graphics flavors it's writing.  If this flavor is present, it realizes
it was the client which wrote the pasteboard and doesn't try to
synchronize it.  It's pretty simple and easy to implement.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>