[Xquartz-dev] 1.4.2-apple20 -- ghosts!

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 25 14:33:10 PDT 2008

On Oct 25, 2008, at 4:15 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> I wonder if this is related to the "strange white rectangles"
> issue... somehow we're mapping windows in quartz, but the
> corresponding X11 window isn't mapped in X11, so the window contents
> we're dumping is empty...
>
> hmm... I have a feeling this one's going to be a pain =/

Maybe not a much of a pain as you think. I too had this problem but
only after I inadvertently used the first command in the section xorg-
server of page http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/Releases#xorg-server
  (pertaining to installing Xquartz) when I should have used the
second command (pertaining to installing X11) thus getting the Xquartz
and X-org-server of  sync.  I had the ghost problem in profusion.  I
reverted to  the last stable X11 package 2.3.1 of 2008.09.15 and then
reinstalled the latest beta Xquartz followed by the latest beta xorg-
server 1.4.2-apple20.  Since doing that, I have had no "ghost menu"
problem at all.

Hope this is all it is.....

WD

(and thank you again for getting full screen mode back for us!)