[Xquartz-dev] 1.4.2-apple20 - copy-paste

Dave Ray apple at jonive.com
Sat Oct 25 16:22:59 PDT 2008

On the topic of copy-paste, I want to give an update for the latest
betas on my system.

I can copy and paste both directions between Textedit and xterm.
I can copy and paste both directions with X11-Gimp and Preview.

I continue to have unusual copy-paste behavior between X11-Gimp and
Adobe Photoshop, Results are the same as I described from the previous
version. I can copy from Gimp to Photoshop, but not the other way. I
can copy from Photoshop to Preview fine and Preview to Gimp fine.

I continue to have unusual copy-paste behavior between X11-Eterm and
anything othe than Eterm. Results are the same as I described from the
previous version. Seems like they use different buffers. Under Linux I
use a mix of xterm and Eterm and never saw this problem.

Let me know if there's any info I can collect that could be useful.
Dave