[Xquartz-dev] 1.4.2-apple20 - copy-paste

Andrew Farmer andfarm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 10:44:20 PDT 2008

On 26 Oct 08, at 10:21, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> It could also be something else that we don't handle... is there
> documentation somewhere about what valid types can be returned by
> [NSPasteboard types]?

There's no explicit limits on what you can put on the pasteboard - a
lot of programs use private types to get special copy/paste semantics
within the app. (Doubly so for DnD.) As for what types are publicly
documented, there are a bunch of constants in the NSPasteboard ref,
and there may be more undocumented common types you can see with the
Clipboard Viewer example app.