[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2-beta2: Spaces bugs

Viv Kendon V.Kendon at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Oct 29 17:11:34 PDT 2008

Is this a known X11/Spaces bug:

1. open a couple of Xterms (or anything else X) using the
X11 Applications menu (mine are customised, don't think this
should matter).  May not even matter how you open them.

2. move one to a new space (I use my designated function
key, F12 on this MacBook Air Keyboard, it isn't the default,
to get the "Spaces Map" and drag the xterm with the mouse to
a new Space).

3. use the X11 window menu to choose the xterm in a
different Space to the current one, so you switch to that
Space.

4. Now use ^-> or ^<- (ctrl-right or left arrow) to move to
an adjacent Space.  Only you don't, you move to the Space
adjacent to the one the previous xterm was in.  Spaces
hasn't noted the X11 induced Space switch.

OTOH, RetroOffice finally seems to be willing to allow its
windows to be moved between Spaces.  Previously, trying to
select a moved window would flip you back to the original
Space it was launched in.   Many thanks!  This has been a
major irritation for quite a while.

-- Viv