[Xquartz-dev] xpbproxy Oct 29th 2008 test release

Viv Kendon V.Kendon at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Oct 30 14:22:33 PDT 2008

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

>>> So I think you're going to have to disable the CLIPBOARD->Pasteboard
>>> option in the X11 pasteboard preferences.  It seems like you have some
>>> complicated clipboard data that we're just not cacheing in xpbproxy.  That
>>> should atleast get you back to your expected behavior... but you won't be
>>> able to paste into OSX applications the data that you copied with ctrl-c.
>>> You can only paste what you copy with cmd-c into OSX apps.
>>>
>>> This isn't "the fix" but it should be a workaround for you for the time
>>> being.
>>
>> Not being certain which one you meant, I tried unchecking the second and
>> the third options in the preferences in turn and both together.  None of
>> these got back copying using ^C or ^X in RetroOffice.  ^V still only pastes
>> what was copied with cmd-C.  Or do I have to restart X11 to get the
>> preferences to take effect?  [it's late here, I'm turning in, will check
>> back tomorrow]
>
> Disable the "Update Pasteboard when CLIPBOARD changes" and "Update CLIPBOARD
> when Pasteboard changes". If you disable both of those, then xpbproxy should
> be doing nothing at all with CLIPBOARD and you should have your CLIPBOARD
> back.

Thanks, yes, unchecking both of these, closing X11, logging
out and in again (for good measure) and I have sane
cut'n'paste back within RetroOffice.  I can live with cmd-C
to move stuff to OSX from X, I have to do that to get
reliable copying from xerms anyway (you mentioned the reason
in another thread).

-- Viv