[Xquartz-dev] xpbproxy Oct 29th 2008 test release

Viv Kendon V.Kendon at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Oct 29 17:25:20 PDT 2008

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

>> First, ^C to copy no longer works at all in RetroOffice.
>
> So I think you're going to have to disable the CLIPBOARD->Pasteboard option
> in the X11 pasteboard preferences.  It seems like you have some complicated
> clipboard data that we're just not cacheing in xpbproxy.  That should atleast
> get you back to your expected behavior... but you won't be able to paste into
> OSX applications the data that you copied with ctrl-c.  You can only paste
> what you copy with cmd-c into OSX apps.
>
> This isn't "the fix" but it should be a workaround for you for the time
> being.

Not being certain which one you meant, I tried unchecking
the second and the third options in the preferences in turn
and both together.  None of these got back copying using ^C
or ^X in RetroOffice.  ^V still only pastes what was copied
with cmd-C.  Or do I have to restart X11 to get the
preferences to take effect?  [it's late here, I'm turning
in, will check back tomorrow]

thanks,
-- Viv