[Xquartz-dev] Tablet support in gimp/Inkscape (Macports)

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Thu Sep 4 04:20:55 PDT 2008

After you build the new gtk2, you can probably just copy your new
libgdk-x11-2.0.dylib from /sw/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.dylib (or wherever
fink puts it) to /Applications/Utilities/Gimp.app/Contents/Resources/
lib (or Inkscape.app instead of Gimp.app)... There might be some
conflicts because of version mismatches between what they packaged
versus what your gtk2 built against, so you might need to copy over
more (like libgdk-cairo, etc).

This is more being provided here to hopefully get some of you savvy
users with tablets to actually test the tablet support in Xquartz with
something beyond 'xinput test', so that if there's anything broken, I
can hopefully know about it and fix it before 2.3.1 is released.