[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.1_rc4

Merle Reinhart merlereinhart at mac.com
Thu Sep 4 17:58:44 PDT 2008

Jeremy,

The permissions are wrong on /System/Library/LaunchAgents/
org.x.startx.plist (it has group write) which means that the OS won't
load the agent which means that DISPLAY is not defined....

 From the system.log:
Sep  4 20:52:43 LeoMacPro com.apple.launchctl.Aqua[694]: launchctl:
Dubious permissions on file (skipping): /System/Library/LaunchAgents/
org.x.startx.plist

Removing group write privs, logging out and back in fixed the issue
and all seems to be working again.

Merle