[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.1_rc* and usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/fonts.conf ???

Merle Reinhart merlereinhart at mac.com
Sun Sep 7 19:15:44 PDT 2008

I get the same errors with *just* the delta update and with *just* the
combo update.

I'm using gimp 2.4.5 built via fink.  Looking at the resulting binary
(yes, I did
rebuild it to see if the problem resolved itself) shows that it is
using the
X11 provided fontconfig:

otool -L /sw/bin/gimp-2.4 | grep font
	/usr/X11/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0,
current version 5.0.0)

If I copy the fonts.conf in fontconfig over to fonts, then gimp
doesn't throw the error
and it sees all the non-X11 fonts.  Rebuilding the caches didn't make
any difference.

Anyway, that's what I'm seeing.

Merle