[Xquartz-dev] pbproxy - a copy/paste proxy for XQuartz

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Sep 22 12:23:09 PDT 2008

George has been doing a great amount of work on this, so please give
him the thanks he deserves and flood us with feedback, concerns, etc.

Right now, this is being distributed as a separate binary for testing
purposes.  It includes an updated quartz-wm binary as well since the
'--no-pasteboard' option in 2.3.1 wasn't fully functional.  This
updated quartz-wm will be part of 2.3.2_beta1, and I intend to
integrate pbproxy's code into a thread on the X11 server itself.
There is already a preference pane available for it which should cover
most of the alternate behavior people have requested over the past
year that I've been part of this conversation.  Here is a snapshot of
that configuration pane with the default options shown.  If you think
the behavior you want won't be covered by this, please let me know
(note that I welcome formatting, text, punctuation, etc feedback as
well).