[Xquartz-dev] Environment passed to Applications-launched processes

Glenn Eychaner geychaner at mac.com
Fri Sep 26 07:27:54 PDT 2008

On Sep 26, 2008, at 10:01 AM, xquartz-dev-request at lists.macosforge.org
wrote:

> And to make matters more interesting, variables set in your .bashrc
> will probably appear when you auto-launch, but not when you launch
> from the utilities directory.
>
> Thanks for the info, I'm looking into it and will try to figure out a
> solution.

I found a simple, stupid solution; since I use tcsh, I just started
putting "tcsh -c '<command>'" in my X11 Applications menu.  Then the
command inherits the full environment of my default shell, and I don't
have to worry about it.  Dumb, but functional.

-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory