[Xquartz-dev] 1.5.3_apple5 (correction to earlier message)

robert delius royar x11 at frinabulax.org
Tue Apr 7 05:19:35 PDT 2009

Tue, 7 Apr 2009 (07:14 -0400 UTC) robert delius royar wrote:

> I downloaded and installed both the new X11 2.3.3_rc4 and
> X11.bin-1.5.3-apple5.bz2.  The race condition you hypothesized involving
> xmodmap shows up in this combination but did not in the 4.x server that came
> with rc3.  What I see is that the key assignments that I load at the end of
> my startx_script do not get assigned.  After trying various places (early,

I made a mistake in my explanation, here.  It is not my startx_script
but my "app_to_run" = "/Users/royar/xstartup" to which I refer in the
message.  I have not altered the startx_script at all.

--
Dr. Robert Delius Royar                   Associate Professor of English
Morehead State University                             Morehead, Kentucky