[Xquartz-dev] xf86dga.h

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sun Apr 12 14:43:22 PDT 2009

Our server doesn't support that extension, but clients running on our
system may be connected to a server that does over ssh or TCP/IP.

That being said, I just noticed that indeed libXdga isn't being built.

DGA = stupid, pointless, and not really important for us.  The
protocol headers are really only useful for three things: building the
server, building the lib, and building clients that will link against
the lib.

That being said, this isn't a new problem.  dgaproto has been provided
since Leopard first shipped.

The configure script in your package needs to be updated to check for
the lib rather than the proto:
PKG_CHECK_MODULES(DGA, xf86dga )

rather than:
PKG_CHECK_MODULES(DGA, xf86dgaproto )