[Xquartz-dev] Clipboard proxying stopped working after a few days

Martin Otte otte at duke.edu
Mon Apr 20 23:35:53 PDT 2009

It has happened to me twice (once with 2.3.3_rc5, xorg-server 1.4.2-
apple41 and the other time on a Tiger machine with a macports x11-
server 1.4.2-apple41) that all clipboard proxying from X11 to the mac
clipboard stopped working. It only happened after X11 had been
running for a few days straight, but I saw no suspicious errors or
warnings in the console log. I suspect that switching to a different
user and/or putting the machine to sleep might have induced this, but
this is only a guess.

In the X11 Pasteboard preferences, I have all of the options checked.
Out of habit, I usually do a Command-C in X11 when I want to transfer
some text to the mac clipboard, but for these two times even the
Command-C no longer worked. It was as if the X11 server completely
lost communication with the mac clipboard. Quitting and restarting
X11 brought back the clipboard proxying.

Have you seen or heard about any behavior like this, or is there any
changes in 1.4.2-apple42 that may affect this?

Thanks,
Martin Otte