[Xquartz-dev] libGL.1.2.dylib shipped with 2.3.3 RC5 makes applications crash

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 22 20:59:04 PDT 2009

Then the problem is much deeper in that it's trying to mix GLX and CGL
at the same time.  My guess is that this is a complicated and
incorrect set of #ifdefs... many applications have such problems, and
I've been working with upstream developers to get them fixed as I've
run into them.

mplayer should have two output plugins for gl.  One is macosx which
should be linked with '-fw OpenGL'; the other is glx which should be
linked with -lGL.

The fact that glXDestroyContext is referenced from a file called
gl_common.c scares me because it seems that their "common GL" code
actually isn't GL at all but GLX.  This is definitely an mplayer bug,
so please file this issue upstream, and let me know the URL to the
bug, so I can follow up with those developers.