[Xquartz-dev] libGL.1.2.dylib shipped with 2.3.3 RC5 makes applications crash

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed Apr 22 21:07:53 PDT 2009

So... I looked at the mplayer source...

The mplayer build system is fubar, and I don't want to try fixing it.
They're using a common set of ldflags for everything indiscriminately.

gl_common.c is for GLX and is used for vo_gl and vo_gl2.  vo_macosx.m
is for vo_macosx.  The former needs -lGL with no -fw OpenGL, the
latter needs -fw OpenGL with no -lGL.

Feel free to send this info upstream and give me a bug number to
follow, but their build system is not clean enough for me to want to
try patching.