[Xquartz-dev] Check for X11 Updates option sometimes greyed out

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Tue Aug 18 17:45:35 PDT 2009

+ Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com>:

> As a side note, there is a checkbox in the update dialog that says "Do
> not automatically download updates" or similar... so there is an
> option for that...

Okay, I'll have to wait for the next update, since I won't see that
dialog otherwise. Fortunately (or unfortunately), next summer is far
away.

> Maybe there can be some global NSDefaults option like
> "myInternetIsUberExpensive" ... but I'm staying above that
> abstraction layer.

Hmm, that would be nice, yes. In fact I would have liked to have such
an option that would be understood by all auto-updating apps, not just
the sparkle ones. I have auto-updates turned off in most apps, but if
I could have a global on/off switch, I could turn it back on. Maybe
I'll suggest it to the sparkle folks.

- Harald