[Xquartz-dev] High CPU load on Mac OS X 10.4

Simon Ruderich simon at ruderich.org
Sun Feb 8 14:25:45 PST 2009

Hi,

With a new MacPorts installation I also installed X11 through it.
After some initial problems which got fixed by Jeremy Huddleston
X11 worked fine except for one problem. Shortly after starting
X11.app the CPU load climbs up to 110%-160% according to top and
Activity Monitor.

I described the problem first on the MacPorts development list
and Jeremy Huddleston asked me to describe it here. The problem
sounds exactly like described in
http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/xquartz-dev/2009-January/001952.html
http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/xquartz-dev/2009-January/002042.html
http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/xquartz-dev/2009-January/002044.html
except that I'm running 10.4.

I hope you have any ideas what can be done to solve this issue.
At the moment I'm back to the default X11 installation :-/

Thanks for your help,
Simon
--
+ privacy is necessary