[Xquartz-dev] High CPU load on Mac OS X 10.4

Merle Reinhart merlereinhart at mac.com
Sun Feb 8 14:47:55 PST 2009

X11 is now running in the context of a login shell and will execute
your local login scripts.  Could something in the login scripts be
causing this (that could explain why it occurs for some and not others
and on Tiger and Leopard)?

I know I get errors in the Console/System logs when X11 starts due to
errors it runs into in my login scripts (but not when I open a session
in Terminal or xterm).  They seem benign so I ignore them, but some
things may not be benign and might cause this effect.

Anyway, a thought...

Merle