[Xquartz-dev] MacPorts - Howto

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sun Feb 8 19:01:10 PST 2009

I finally got to looking through your install log, and one hunch I had
is now disproved (meaning I'm back to having no clue).  I changed to
using -Os instead of -O2 sometime around 2.3.2_betaXX , but you're
seeing this with -O2 as well in your MacPorts install.

Chris, what version of xorg-server are you "happy" with in that early
2.3.2 beta you're using?  Try editing the MacPorts Portfile to install
that version instead of the latest.  I forget what the default
location is for MacPorts Portfiles... Just 'cd /opt/local/var/
macports/; find . -name xorg-server' and it'll pop up.  Assuming that
one works, try stepping forward one version and verify that it
breaks.  Then we'll try narrowing down from there.