[Xquartz-dev] MacPorts - downgrade

Christof Wolf ch.wolf at hfph.mwn.de
Mon Feb 9 06:11:56 PST 2009

On Monday 09 February 2009, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> I finally got to looking through your install log, and one hunch I had
> is now disproved (meaning I'm back to having no clue).  I changed to
> using -Os instead of -O2 sometime around 2.3.2_betaXX , but you're
> seeing this with -O2 as well in your MacPorts install.
>
> Chris, what version of xorg-server are you "happy" with in that early
> 2.3.2 beta you're using?  Try editing the MacPorts Portfile to install
> that version instead of the latest.  I forget what the default
> location is for MacPorts Portfiles... Just 'cd /opt/local/var/
> macports/; find . -name xorg-server' and it'll pop up.  Assuming that
> one works, try stepping forward one version and verify that it
> breaks.  Then we'll try narrowing down from there.
Jeremy,

I am "happy" with 1.4.2-apple18, I checked on macports.org, there is a howto
to setup multiple macport versions, but I could not find a way to get the
sources for 1.4.2-apple18 or 1.4.2-apple19

ciao
chris

--
public key www.hfph.mwn.de/~chwolf/chwolf.asc

Please respect my privacy and do not make my contact information
available to third parties.