[Xquartz-dev] MacPorts - downgrade

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Feb 9 11:02:15 PST 2009

On Feb 9, 2009, at 06:11, Christof Wolf wrote:

> On Monday 09 February 2009, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>> I finally got to looking through your install log, and one hunch I
>> had
>> is now disproved (meaning I'm back to having no clue).  I changed to
>> using -Os instead of -O2 sometime around 2.3.2_betaXX , but you're
>> seeing this with -O2 as well in your MacPorts install.
>>
>> Chris, what version of xorg-server are you "happy" with in that early
>> 2.3.2 beta you're using?  Try editing the MacPorts Portfile to
>> install
>> that version instead of the latest.  I forget what the default
>> location is for MacPorts Portfiles... Just 'cd /opt/local/var/
>> macports/; find . -name xorg-server' and it'll pop up.  Assuming that
>> one works, try stepping forward one version and verify that it
>> breaks.  Then we'll try narrowing down from there.
> Jeremy,
>
> I am "happy" with 1.4.2-apple18, I checked on macports.org, there is
> a howto
> to setup multiple macport versions, but I could not find a way to
> get the
> sources for 1.4.2-apple18 or 1.4.2-apple19

Just edit the existing Portfile and change 1.4.2-apple32 to 1.4.2-
apple18.  The sources are in the same spot (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/src
).

cd /path/to/ports/x11/xorg-server
sudo port -v -f uninstall # to remove the existing version
nano -w Portfile # change the version
sudo port -v install # it will complain about the checksums and give
you the new ones to copy/paste into the Portfile
nano -w Portfile # replace the checksums
sudo port -v install