[Xquartz-dev] quartz-wm for tiger note

Martin Otte otte at duke.edu
Tue Feb 17 08:41:37 PST 2009

Thanks for the quartz-wm for tiger. I was going to request this for
Tiger so that I can try the pasteboard from the MacPorts X11 server,
but you have already created a binary.

With this quartz-wm, I can turn on all the pasteboard options in the
macports X11 preferences  (I'm using xorg-server-1.4.2-apple31), and
copying and pasting seems to work as well as in Leopard. I haven't
noticed any abnormal CPU usage with all the pasteboard options enabled.

The only problem that I have with the new quartz-wm is if I minimize
an X11 window to the dock. There is no way to get the window out of
the dock. No matter if I double-click the minimized icon in the dock
or right-click the icon and choose "open", the window does not un-
minimize.

I can get the window at least visible again by clicking the "Bring All
to Front" menu item but the icon still stays in the dock, the window
cannot be re-minimized again, and sometimes the window is not redrawn
properly.

Thanks for your work on X11. I know that the Tiger compatibility is
probably not high on your list of things to do.

Martin