[Xquartz-dev] MacPorts XQuartz 2.3.2 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple32) has problems with $PATH

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Tue Feb 17 10:02:01 PST 2009

Am 17.02.2009 um 16:03 schrieb Martin Costabel:

> In ~/.xinitrc (or in the scripts inside ~/.xinitrc.d/,
> which is the currently recommended replacement for ~/.xinitrc), you
> get
> an environment inherited directly from /usr/X11/bin/startx as
> started by
> launchd.

This is a well-know fact. Therefore I have created ~/.MacOSX/
environment.plist.

> This is a minimalist environment that does not take into account *any*
> shell startup scripts, and not even ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist.

Why? The previous version in MacPorts worked OK, it inherited $PATH
and I could use AUCTeX. Carbon Emacsen or the Cocoa variant Emacs.app
of GNU Emacs 23.0.90 all inherit the correct environment and are
useful applications. Is X11.app no Mac OS X application?

--
Greetings

   Pete

The future will be much better tomorrow.
				– George W. Bush