[Xquartz-dev] Time Machine Backup Alert

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Tue Jan 6 14:52:37 PST 2009

Richard Tobin <richard at inf.ed.ac.uk> writes:
> I find that several times a day my system switches from the X screen
> to the Apple screen for a fraction of a second - just long enough
> to lose a few keystrokes and turn "rm -rf /tmp/t" into "rm -rf /"
> (no, that hasn't really happened, but less drastic things have).

I wonder whether this is the same momentary-loss-of-focus issue that
I've been griping of for awhile.  I don't use full-screen mode but
the loss of a few keystrokes seems about the same.  I've been able
to correlate some of the events with iCal alarms (they consistently
happen 1 minute before an iCal alarm is due) and I suspect that
Time Machine wakeups may cause it too.

			regards, tom lane