[Xquartz-dev] Time Machine Backup Alert

Brian Bender zt4q4o402 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jan 8 07:53:06 PST 2009

I just noticed the same loss-of-focus, and it was about a minute
before an iCal reminder popped up. I think this might be at least
somewhat related to applescripted events.

A while ago I figured out that I was causing myself this problem with
a background applescript I had running -- if I would "tell Finder" to
do something, even if I didn't activate it first, the applescript
engine (or Finder itself?) would steal the focus from my X11 window. I
wonder if the iCal reminder stuff is applescript-driven?

 - Brian

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Gene Selkov selkovjr-at-.........