[Xquartz-dev] GLX Updates in 2.4.0_aplha2

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Tue Jan 27 21:33:00 PST 2009

Jeremy and George:

My main test case is still Wine - no luck with alpha1 or alpha2 GLX.
I'm using Wine compiled from source, and it works for most non-DirectX/
advanced OpenGL purposes.  Using Wine 1.1.13 (with a slightly modified
dlls/winex11.drv/opengl.c file) and Xquartz 2.3.2.1, the "gltest.exe"
program from the following location works as expected:

   http://freewebs.com/mannymax/cpp/GLtest.html

However, using the same Wine version against 2.4.0_alpha2, it crashes
out with the following error:

**
HELLO from apple_init_glx!
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range
for operation)
   Major opcode of failed request:  148 (GLX)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
   Value in failed request:  0x22
   Serial number of failed request:  131
**

Would a recompile of Wine be necessary to pick up any ligGL/GLX
changes?  I've rolled back to 2.3.2.1 for the time being, but I can
keep hammering with the alpha versions and send any reports - just let
me know what I need to look for, and thanks for any guidance!

   ryan woodsmall
     rwoodsmall at mac.com

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch." - Garrison Keillor