[Xquartz-dev] X11-2.4.0_alpha2 - same issue with cpu 100%

Christof Wolf ch.wolf at hfph.mwn.de
Thu Jan 29 11:10:09 PST 2009

Hi,

just for the sake of it I've installed alpha2 - same effect, the CPU goes
crazy up to 100% :-(

I did two tests - with no difference - but maybe it helps to figure out why
that happens

1) xinitrc reads like this (plus all options of "enable syncing" are on)

. /sw/bin/init.sh

export KDEWM=quartz-wm
quartz-wm --only-proxy &
/sw/bin/startkde>/tmp/kde.log 2>&1

see console file
www.loyolaproductions.com/munich/console.txt
see sample of the process
www.loyolaproductions.com/munich/sample_of_x11.txt

2) xinitrc reads like this and I disabled all "Pasteboard" options in the X11
preferences

. /sw/bin/init.sh

#export KDEWM=quartz-wm
#quartz-wm --only-proxy &
/sw/bin/startkde>/tmp/kde.log 2>&1

see console file
www.loyolaproductions.com/munich/console_no_pasteboard.txt
see sample of the process
www.loyolaproductions.com/munich/sample_of_x11_no_pasteboard.txt

any idea? - I am back to 2.3.2_beta1 :-)

ciao
christof

--
public key www.hfph.mwn.de/~chwolf/chwolf.asc

Please respect my privacy and do not make my contact information
available to third parties.