[Xquartz-dev] X11-2.4.0_alpha2 - same issue with cpu 100% - background / foreground

Christof Wolf ch.wolf at hfph.mwn.de
Fri Jan 30 10:00:19 PST 2009

Hi Jeremy,

I did change from .xinitrc to 90-kde.sh

. /sw/bin/init.sh
export KDEWM=quartz-wm
exec /sw/bin/startkde &> /tmp/kde.log

I've found the cause, which is responsible for the craziness of the CPU - I
cant believe it - if I use the xterm or any other program like Kmail the CPU
is normal, at the moment I switch to any other mac os x window or program the
CPU goes crazy. I disabled line 2 and 3 no difference.

. /sw/bin/init.sh
#export KDEWM=quartz-wm
#exec /sw/bin/startkde &> /tmp/kde.log

so as long as I use an X11 program everything is fine - but if I put X11 in
the background the CPU goes up.

Any idea how to track this? I am now using alpha2 :-)

all my best
christof

--
public key www.hfph.mwn.de/~chwolf/chwolf.asc

Please respect my privacy and do not make my contact information
available to third parties.