[Xquartz-dev] 2.4.0_beta3

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Thu Jul 9 07:06:58 PDT 2009

Jeremy,
   The molmol molecular modelling package in fink is still producing
warnings when executed under 2.4.0-beta3 despite the absence of any
.Xmodmap files in my account. When built against lesstif 0.95.2 for
the Motif, molmol produces errors of the form...

using Motif/OpenGL
Warning:
    Name: PullDown
    Class: XmRowColumn
    Manager.c:_XmManagerInstallAccelerator(2110) - Could not convert >Ctrl<Key>C< to a KeyCode
    Ctrl<Key>C -> 00000043 -> 0

whereas when built against OpenMotif 2.2.4, the warnings are of the form...

Warning:
    Name: Cascade
    Class: XmCascadeButton
    Illegal mnemonic character;  Could not convert X KEYSYM to a keycode

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any other Motif programs that trigger
this bug in the newer X server. I would note that I don't see this issue under
either Fedora 10 or Fedora 11's X server so it seems to be darwin specific.
             Jack
ps Of course these warnings never appear in xorg 2.3.3.2.