[Xquartz-dev] Sparkle

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Mon Jul 20 14:59:45 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 09:08:22AM -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> So, there was a parse error in the xml file for sparkle, so the
> 2.4.0_beta5 update probably never appeared.  I fixed the parse error
> ("<title" instead of "<title>" ><) and you should all see the popup
> sometime in the next day or so (I think Sparkle rechecks every 24
> hours).
>
> The automatic update has one issue that I don't like... while doing the
> install, you can not use X11.  I opened a question to the Sparkle devs
> about this on Launchpad if anyone wants to join in the discussion (or
> knows the answer):
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/sparkle/+question/77572
>
> --Jeremy

Jeremy,
   The beta5 upgrade with Sparkle is working fine here. Have you
considered extending the Xorg Sparkle code to allow it to be automatically
triggered in the case where a system Software Update has replaced
X11 files from the current Xquartz release with those from an older
release? This would be a very useful feature since many users
may forget to reinstall Xorg after the system Software Updates
are installed.
            Jack