[Xquartz-dev] 2.4.0_beta4 and beta5

Peter Collinson pc at hillside.co.uk
Mon Jul 20 15:34:11 PDT 2009

I pulled beta4 - installed and got the Want to update? message. I said
yes.
It pulled the update - really slowly as it happened - slowly enough
that I went away and it snailled into the machine.

Got install and update message.

Said yes.

The main install window appeared under the Install and Update window -
so I had to move it to proceed.
Focus issues?

Installation happened - but the Install and Update window remained on
screen - until I quit the X11 that was running (X11=>About was then
saying beta4). I used X11->Quit to stop it.

However - looking back after the quit = I don't think that I had to
restart. X11 was *probably* still
running and About is now saying Beta 5.

Sorry I cannot be totally sure that I didn't restart X11 - but I don't
think I did.

So it looks as if there may be some sequencing issues here. I can
attempt to repeat this on my other machine - is there something useful
that I can do to assist before I do that?