[Xquartz-dev] 2.4.0_beta4 and beta5

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Jul 20 22:42:30 PDT 2009

On Jul 20, 2009, at 14:22, Brian Gernhardt wrote:
> I've been running beta4 for a little bit now, but I see no sign of
> Sparkle.  There's no "Check for Updates..." menu option, no prefs to
> control when it goes, and no popup informing me of a new version.
> Am I missing something?

There is no menu option or preferences in beta4/5.  It should "just
work".  You can check to see when Sparkle last looked for an update:

$ defaults read org.x.X11 SULastCheckTime

I just pushed a patch to add a menu item, so that will be in the next
release:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?h=xorg-server-1.5-apple&id=305144bfa4b59791123c44e869fab93a084792d6