[Xquartz-dev] Lastest X11 is slow in video output?

Platon Fomichev pfomichev at elverils.com
Sat Jul 25 15:28:45 PDT 2009

Hi everybody

Just want to ask Jeremy about some of my concerns linked to the bug
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/261#comment:8.
In the bug there is a comment:

If your issue is that it is only at 7fps, then that is another issue
entirely... and it's most likely a fallout from rlAccel being removed.
That is something that will hopefully be addressed in a new EXA
driver for
2D performance gains.

Does it basically mean that graphics sensitive utilities like Gimp
will significantly suffer from rlAccel removal? I rely on Gimp for my
work and if it will be 3-4 times slower it's like a major disaster.

Thanks in advance.

Platon.