[Xquartz-dev] Main kumppa's CPU eater (XScreenSaver being slow)

Platon Fomichev pfomichev at elverils.com
Sun Jul 26 12:26:01 PDT 2009

Hi Everybody

Jeremy, thanks for answer I will profile the hack on Leopard with
latest X11 to see the bottleneck.
Meanwhile I can right away name the main X11 API that's drives this
hack - it's XCopyArea - previously
it was specifically accelerated. The source and destination are the
same window, that's why theoretically
this hack should be very fast - we take pixels from window and copy
them in the same window.

P.S.

XCopyArea emulation (window->window) is the major bottleneck for pure
OS X port as well btw because there is no low level API in OS X that
can do such blits.

Best regards,
             Platon