[Xquartz-dev] auto-quit (was Re: 2.4.0-beta2)

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Jun 11 23:15:39 PDT 2009

On 11Jun2009 17:02, Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2009, at 15:57, Simone Karin Lehmann wrote:
>> I just got a bug report about this issue from a user, who couldn't
>> launch GIMP any longer since he had enabled auto-shutdown. Disabling
>> auto-shutdown solved it.
>
> Yeah, that would be the effect... perhaps I can add a timer for this...
> so if it's still at 0 after a few seconds...

What about counting active X11 connections instead of windows?
An app with a splash screen should survive ok with that.

No good for "ssh -Y", but it at least seems less fragile.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Do what you think is interesting, do something that you think is fun
and worthwhile, because otherwise you won't do it well anyway.
- Brian Kernighan