[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.3_rc1

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Fri Mar 6 21:01:14 PST 2009

Unless there is a bug in the vmd-xplor code (PPC)...

http://vmd-xplor.cit.nih.gov/

...we have a regression with 2.3.3_rc1. I am certain
vmd-xplor was working okay with the previous 2.4.0
and 2.3.3 seeds but with this seed, 'vmd-xplor -nowin
-debug' outputs...

X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  128 (Apple-DRI)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  2 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  40

instead of...

Warning) Simple graphics mode: OpenGL 1.0, no extensions
Info) OpenGL renderer: ATI Radeon HD 2600 OpenGL Engine
Info)   Features:
Info)   GLSL rendering mode is NOT available.

with a stock 10.5.6 installation.
            Jack
ps This is on a 2008 MacPro with Radeon HD2600.