[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.3_rc1

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Mon Mar 9 17:13:26 PDT 2009

George,
   I believe I have figured out the origin of the problems
with vmd-xplor on 2.3.3-rc1. The problem is that the new
GLX/DRI code doesn't honor LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT when it
is set. Under X11 2.3.2.1, I get...

[Macintosh-2:~] howarth% setenv LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT 1
[Macintosh-2:~] howarth% glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: No (LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT set)

whereas under 2.3.3-rc1, I get...

[Macintosh-2:~] howarth% setenv LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT 1
[Macintosh-2:~] howarth% glxinfo | grep direct
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-W4Xpc5/:0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-W4Xpc5/:0".
direct rendering: Yes

If you can fix this in the GLX, I can test it to see if this
eliminates the issues with vmd-xplor on the HD2600.
                 Jack