[Xquartz-dev] Sniffing X11 client/server traffic on Darwin?

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Sun Nov 1 18:12:10 PST 2009

I wrote:
> Hmm, I think I'm missing something basic about configuring xscope.

For anyone else trying this, it seems that what "No protocol specified"
really means is "no authentication information provided".  There's
probably a better way to deal with that, but what I did was to disable
X11's authentication checks while testing.  Even after that, xscope
seemed to only be able to process one client session before getting
stuck, but that was enough to be able to extract a trace of the problem.

And, if anyone else cares about the original OpenFont complaint,
the results are here:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/325

			regards, tom lane