[Xquartz-dev] configuration - shift key does not work

Christof Wolf ch.wolf at hfph.mwn.de
Fri Oct 23 11:05:31 PDT 2009

On Friday 23 October 2009, xquartz-dev-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:
> I was actually joking with someone about this earlier... but if
> someone experiencing this bug is in the Bay Area and wouldn't mind
> showing it to me in person, I'd be willing to come visit you and
> hopefully get to the bottom of it...

wouldn't that be an excellent excuse for a transatlantic tip :-)

another weird thing, with alpha 3 and 1.5.3 if I write an email with Kmail,
the shift key does not work, so no capital letters. The only way to get a
capital letter is to use caps lock. Interestingly if I open a terminal
everything works fine, and it works in the main window of Kmail, e.g. if I
use the shift key on the quick search bar, fine. Only if I open a new message
window I cannot use the shift keys. Not sure if that is related to our issue.

Christof

--
public key www.hfph.mwn.de/~chwolf/chwolf.asc

Please respect my privacy and do not make my contact information
available to third parties.