[Xquartz-dev] Input Grab (Input on Focus) issue

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Oct 27 15:11:54 PDT 2009

On Oct 27, 2009, at 14:55, Pelle Johansson wrote:
>> Nice work! Does work on my MacBook3,1 running 10.6.1. Thank you,
>> Jeremy.
>
> Yes, seems to work fine here as well, I can't reproduce the problem
> in any way I've tried.
>
> I think I figured out why changing the options had no effect for me
> (windows got stuck however I changed them).
> /opt/X11/bin/quartz-wm actually still reads /Users/pelle/Library/
> Preferences/org.x.X11.plist,
> while changing things in the XQuartz preference dialog writes them
> to /Users/pelle/Library/Preferences/org.macosforge.xquartz.X11.plist
>
> No wonder it was hard to track down...

Hmm... /opt/X11/bin/quartz-wm should be reading
org.macosforge.xquartz.X11.plist ... It *defaults* to org.x.X11, but
it should pick up org.macosforge.xquartz.X11 from the environment.  I
have this in main()'s start to handle this case:

     if((s = getenv("X11_PREFS_DOMAIN")))
         app_prefs_domain = s;

and that variable just defaults to org.x.X11...

What does 'echo $X11_PREFS_DOMAIN' say from one of your xterms?