[Xquartz-dev] IDL Users, I need help please

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu Sep 17 10:30:50 PDT 2009

I know there are a few IDL users on this list, so could someone please
jump in on this ticket and help figure out what's wrong with the
users's system:

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/310

It looks like IDL just isn't starting... starting IDL triggers X11 to
launch, but IDL itself never "shows up" ... so I'm guessing IDL
crashed or something like that...

How can I instruct the user to launch IDL via the command line?  Is
there a simple way, or do I need to tell the user to launch /path/to/
IDL.app/Contents/MacOS/IDL or something like that?

Thanks,
Jeremy