[Xquartz-dev] Java3D app doesn't display back properly to Xquartz 2.5.1+

Merle Reinhart merlereinhart at mac.com
Thu Aug 12 12:23:06 PDT 2010

Jeremy,

I just filed bug #434 where we use a Java3D application running on a
Solaris 10 box displaying back via X11 to a Leopard 10.5.8 desktop
running Xquartz 2.5.1 or 2.5.2.  The problem is the window gets
created, but the 3D graphics don't get drawn (the Java routines
complain about the glversion being null).

Downgrading to Xquartz 2.5.0 and everything is drawn/displayed
properly (and there are no complaints about the glversion).

I will not have a chance to try this on Snow Leopard or with the
Xquartz 2.6.0-alphas until tonight eastern time.

The java test program attached to bug #112 can be used to trigger the
problem with 2.5.1 or 2.5.2 (the test program gets run on the remote
box).

What additional info do I need to pull and attach to the bug report to
help you troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Merle