[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.0 (xorg-server 1.9.2.901) and X authority

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Dec 25 02:41:56 PST 2010

Am 25.12.2010 um 10:29 schrieb Will Mortensen:

> What are you talking about? You don't need to touch System
> Preferences to use X11/Xquartz with launchd.
>
> Actually, maybe you are talking about Spaces? Does that even work
> with the window manager you are using?

I'm talking about both, because: How do you achieve that GNU Emacs,
sunclock, gkrellm, FontForge, ... are launched at login time on space
#4?

I want to have my set of preferred X clients on the desktop, in a
particular space (because I am using less than in an X11 based UNIX
environment, where I would put them on a handful of virtual screens).
How would you arrange this, on Leopard, Mac OS X 10.5, PowerPC?

--
Greetings

   Pete

There's something the technicians need to learn from the artists. If
it isn't aesthetically pleasing, it's probably wrong.