[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.0 (xorg-server 1.9.2.901) and X authority

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Dec 28 16:08:58 PST 2010

On Dec 28, 2010, at 15:55, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

>>> Well you should.  Try uninstalling then reinstalling xinit.
>>
>> When I build xinit 1.3.0 again I can see:
>>
>> 	  GEN    10-tmpdirs
>> 	  GEN    20-font_cache
>> 	cp org.x.privileged_startx.plist.cpp org.macports.privileged_startx.plist.cpp
>> 	  GEN    org.macports.privileged_startx.plist
>> 	  CC     xinit.o
>> 	  CCLD   xinit
>> 	  GEN    startx
>> 	  GEN    startx.1
>> 	  GEN    xinit.1
>> 	cp org.x.startx.plist.cpp org.macports.startx.plist.cpp
>> 	  GEN    org.macports.startx.plist
>> 	  GEN    xinitrc
>>
>> but the install step does not install that org.macports.startx.plist file. Only org.macports.privileged_startx.plist is installed. Find is not able to find org.macports.startx.plist in the /opt/local branch.
>
> Can you please provide me with the full log for "sudo port -d install xinit"

Oh wait... you're on Leopard... the plist isn't installed by default on Leopard because it is incompatible with the Apple-shipped X11.app ...

so if you really want to use the MacPorts one, you'll need to install the plist manually (just comment out the line in the xinit Portfile which deletes it on Leopard).