[Xquartz-dev] 2.5.1_rc2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu Jul 1 09:14:27 PDT 2010

I've just uploaded 2.5.1_rc2 (Snow Leopard only for now), and you should get an update notification if you're using one of the earlier betas or subscribed to the beta sparkle stream.

http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.5.1_rc2.dmg

The main reason for pushing this out now is to address the libpng vulnerability I mentioned earlier this week.  A handful of other bugs have been fixed including a couple corner case hangs and crashes.  If you have any stability regressions with this update, please file a bug report (and follow up with that report).

Open bugs for 2.5.1 (both may be fixed, but awaiting verification):

Hang in X11	http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/407
X11 crash	http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/415

Thanks,
Jeremy